The Anacostia Arts Center ( 1231 Good Hope Road SE in Washington, DC) is easy to get to, only 2-3 minutes off of Exit 1C of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (Hwy 295).
On-street parking is free and plentiful around the Center. Try:
– Good Hope Road where the Center is located
– along 13th and U Streets in the neighborhood behind the Center
– around 13th and T Streets across the street from the Center
Most parking restrictions will not be in force during our performances but if you arrive early, read the signs carefully.
Our Favorite Places to Eat in Anacostia, all within walking distance of the center:
– Cheers at The Big Chair – 2122 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., SE – website – Place your order at the bar, then go upstairs to their dining room. We love their crab fries!
– Mama’s Pizza Kitchen – 2028 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE – website – subs, bar-b-q, Italian specialties and, of course, pizza. You might be lucky enough to be served by Mama herself!
– Uniontown Bar & Grill – 2200 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE – website
Note: even if the dining rooms look empty, the kitchens of these restaurants are hopping with carry out orders! Allow enough time for table service, or place a to go order and dine in the art-filled lobby of the Anacostia Arts Center.
Come early to a show and check out the unique stores in the center. They close at 7 PM Tuesday through Saturday and between 2-3PM on Sunday. For more information go to the Center’s website.
The Den – closed Wednesday and Sunday – run by Convergence Community Partner Maryam Foye, The Den offers retail space to local creative entrepreneurs and carries artwork, jewelry, clothing, skin care products, and many other items.